Ronald Koeman’s Brutal Phone Call To End Luis Suarez’s Barcelona Career ‘Lasted Just 60 Seconds’

Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been left furious after the club’s new manager Ronald Koeman told him he had no future at the Camp Nou during a brutal phone call. 

It was reported on Monday that Koeman spoke to Suarez over the phone to tell him the news as the 33-year-old looks set to leave on a free transfer.

And it has now been revealed that the chat between the pair lasted just 60 seconds, according to Spanish publication SPORT, who report that Suarez ‘did not ask for more explanations, nor did the coach think it necessary to give them’.

In addition to the call, Suarez is ‘not happy’ about how his exit has been managed by those at Barcelona, and feels like he’s been singled out for what has happened this season.

It is believed the next step is for Suarez’s lawyers to negotiate the termination of his contract at the club as the likes of Ajax and PSG continue to be linkedwith a move for the experienced forward.

Reliable journalist Fabrizio Romano, who has previously claimed Barca would be ready to sell him if they receive an “important bid”, has already confirmed Suarez will leave in the coming days, with talks ongoing with “many clubs”

Last week, Suarez spoke about the current transfer situation at Barcelona amid reports that the club are looking to offload some of their more experienced players, including Jordi Alba and Serio Busquets.

“There has been talk of some names that the president suggested, changes that could be made, but nobody has told me that they want to get rid of me,” Suarez told AS.

“If that is what the club wants it would be nice if the director responsible for these decisions spoke directly with me. It’s better than leaking if I’m one of the players they want to leave. We’ll see what happens.

“I want what’s best for the club as well and right now my intention is to stay on but if the club decide I’m no longer wanted, I have no problem talking to those that decide.

source:- sportbible